Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today. It has millions of active users per month. It offers you loads of features which is one of the main reasons why users are attracted to the site.
This photo-sharing site has provided a platform for people to share their special moments with the world. You can upload photos, videos, and stories to share with it with your friends and family.
Apart from that the platform also allows you to interact with others through direct messages. A direct message is an interesting feature offered by the platform. By using this feature you can chat with anyone you want on the platform.
You can use this feature even with people who are not in your follower/following list. You can also send pictures through Instagram's direct messages. This feature is supported by both ios and android platforms.
Many users delete their DMs and later realize its importance. If you are one of them then this blog is for you. If you are looking for an Instagram message recovery solution then we can help you recover messages on the iPhone.
What are the possible reasons for Instagram DM deletion?
There is not one but many causes behind Instagram DM deletion. Some of the main causes include:
- When deleting unwanted files like videos and photos, you accidentally press the delete button. This will erase your important DMs instantly.
- Jailbreak failure of your iPhone can also lead to the deletion of your direct messages. Also, you shouldn’t jailbreak your iPhone.
- If your iPhone is infected with virus then it may lead to the deletion of your Instagram direct messages. So make sure you have an anti-virus installed on your phone.
- If you have existing infected files stored in your iPhone, this may be one of the causes of your DM deletion. You should get rid of such files immediately.
- Your direct messages can also get deleted by mistake while you are resetting your iPhone.
These are only a few of the main causes of deletion, otherwise, there are more. But the good news is that you can recover your DMs on the iPhone regardless of the cause of deletion.
Read more: how to recover deleted facebook messages
When can you recover deleted Instagram direct messages?
Instagram DMs recovery is dependent on two given scenarios. One when you have deleted it and second when the message is unsent.
Delete: This means even if you have deleted the message, it is still available with the other user who you have sent it too.
Unsent: When the message is unsent, you cannot recover it anymore. This means the message is deleted from both users’ chat.
How to recover Instagram deleted direct messages?
There are many ways through which you can recover your Instagram deleted direct messages on the iPhone. Check out the details to get an idea.
Method 1: Recovering Instagram DMs with connected Facebook account
You must already know that you can link your Instagram with your Facebook account. Well, this can be a chance for you to recover your deleted DMs. Here is what you need to do.
- 1.The first thing you need to do is log into your Facebook account and then go to your inbox.
- 2. Now click on the ‘Instagram Direct’ on the left pane. Here you will get to see the conversations if you have any.
Method 2: Recovering data with Instagram recovery website online
Instagram message recovery online is one of the easiest ways to recover your deleted data. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- 1. At first, visit the Instagram direct message recovery site online. Next, enter your Instagram username to log in.
- 2. Once you have logged into your account, click on the option ‘recover messages.’
- 3. In the next step, you need to complete the human verification process. After that, you can recover the direct messages that you have deleted from the platform.
Method 3: Recovering data using the Instagram download feature
Instagram has a special feature that allows users to download their Instagram data including comments, photos, videos, and other information.
However, you should know that it takes around 48 hours to collect all your data before it starts downloading. This means you need to wait for 2 days before you recover your deleted messages. The steps are as follows.
1. First, go to Instagram.com and user your credentials to log into your account.
2. Now click on the profile icon located on the top-right corner of your screen.
3. Click on the settings icon and then go to ‘privacy and security’ shown on the pop-up window.
4. Go to the option ‘data download’ and click on ‘request download’.
5. The next thing you need to do is type in your email address where you want to receive the link to your downloaded Instagram data. Once that is done click on the ‘next’ button.
Method 4: For iPhone users
This method is especially meant for iPhone users. To follow this method you need FoneLab iPhone Data recovery application. This is said to be one of the best third-party applications used for recovering lost data from your phone.
With the help of this app, you can view and recover all your deleted files including messages, contacts, photos, audio, notes, etc. You can use this app on all your Apple smartphone devices like iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
The app is very easy to use and therefore, you shouldn’t face any problem. To help you out, we have listed the steps below.
1.The first thing you need to do is download the app and install it on your device. This is a paid app but you can get the free trial version online.
2. Once the installation process is over, you can start with the recovering process. You need to connect your iPhone with your PC using a USB cable. It will take just a few seconds for the software to detect the device.
3. After your device is detected by the app, you will be given three recovery modes. This include recover from ios device, recover from iCloud backup file and recover from iTunes backup file. You need to choose the right mode to continue further. If you have previously backed up your data using iCloud or iTunes then you can select the mode from here.
4. Let the scanning process get completed. The scan result will fetch you grouped file types in the left sidebar of your computer screen. You need to click on the option ‘app photos’ from the sidebar. This will allow you to preview your messages on Instagram on the right sidebar. Now select the items that you want to recover and then click on the ‘recover’ button. This will save the files on your PC.
Thus, you can see how easy it is to use the Fonelab app. you can get both Windows and Mac versions available out there. With this app, you never have to worry about losing your iPhone data even when you delete it by mistake. All you need to do is follow these simple steps and you will be good to go.
Why should you use the FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery application?
As already mentioned before, FoneLab for iOS is one of the best recovery solutions out there. Using this app, you can recover all your lost or deleted iPhone data in just a few minutes.
Not just Instagram, but the app can receiver data even for your Snapchat, WhatsApp, Kik, and WeChat accounts as well. The best part of using this app is that you don’t have to leak your details.
- With the help of this app, you can recover your lost or deleted data while keeping the current files intact.
- You can preview backup files before restoring them on your device. This gives you the chance to select only the files that you want to recover.
- The app allows you to recover files from nineteen different types of data created on your device. The devices include iPhone 4/3Gs, iPod touch 4 or iPad 1.
- You can also recover and export eight different types of lost files from other ios devices. This includes the iPhone 8 plus and iPhone 8.
- The app also allows you to recover and restore data from iTunes and iCloud backup.
- The app is compatible with iTunes 12.9 and ios 12 as well.
You have all the good reasons to use this app. Now that you know about it, you shouldn’t have any problem recovering your deleted DMs from Instagram.
So now you know how to recover deleted Instagram direct messages on your iPhone. Next time if you delete any message by mistake, all you need to do is follow any of the above-mentioned methods to get it back.
No need to cry over your mistake. Just follow what is instructed to you and you will get back what you lost.